How the customer journey works for Apple consumers & how you can implement this in YOUR business
When it comes to global brands, few are as well-known and successful as Apple. One of the reasons for this is the company’s ability to create a clear and effective marketing customer journey for its consumers. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at how the customer journey works for Apple customers and how you can implement similar strategies in your own business.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CUSTOMER JOURNEY IS CRUCIAL TO YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS
Let’s look at how Apple do this – you will also notice this in other brands you buy from. I’ll refer back to my own customer journey throughout so that you can see how easy it is to consider in your business.
Awareness: The first step in the customer journey is awareness. Apple creates awareness of its products through various means such as advertising, product launches, and public relations. They also create a sense of exclusivity and desire by only releasing a limited number of products. This strategy makes the brand very attractive and creates a sense of urgency and scarcity in the minds of the consumers. By reading this post I have already increased your awareness of my brand and you will begin to think about all the ways in which I can help you.
Research: Once customers are aware of Apple’s products, they begin to research them. Potential customers research Apple products through online reviews, watching videos, and visiting Apple’s website. The company makes it easy for customers to find the information they need to make an informed purchase decision. consider your social media pages, your website and any live teaches you might do. Have you written a book or appeared on TV – what are people going to to see if they want to check you out? For me, this would be my social media pages, my website and most recently the book I co-authored.
Evaluation: After researching Apple products, customers evaluate them based on their features, design, and overall reputation. Apple’s products are known for their sleek design and high-quality features, which are a big part of what makes the brand so appealing. What makes you stand out from others that are offering similar to what you do? This could be anything from free delivery to price of service, the outcome they will eventually get from you to the time it make take to receive. I like to think that I promise an increase in visibility and I lead by example – I’m consistently showing up and delivering value (well I like to think I am!)
Purchase: After evaluating Apple products, customers make a purchase, either online or in an Apple store. The company has made it easy for customers to make a purchase, whether they’re shopping in-store or online. How easy is it for people to pay you? Have you set up a payment processor? If nothing else, you can create a payment link in Paypal so that the number of steps people have to take is massively reduced.
Delivery: Once the purchase is made, Apple products are delivered to customers, either through shipping or in-store pickup. The company ensures that its products are delivered promptly and in good condition. What are your customers receiving once they have purchased from you? An email confirmation? A phone call? Nothing? Automating this part of your business gives your clients a sense of confidence in you and your business.
Follow-up: After the purchase, customers can receive follow-up support through Apple’s website, phone, or in-store. This helps to build customer loyalty and ensure customer satisfaction. I like to think that I am easily contactable for my clients. I respect my boundaries in terms of times of the day and will let them know that they can contact me at any time if they have any questions and will let them know the best way to get in touch with me. Remember, communication is key to building good customer relationships.
Repeat purchase: Satisfied customers are likely to make repeat purchases and upgrade to newer models when they are released. This is a key part of Apple’s business model, as customers are more likely to purchase new products when they are released. Are your clients coming back to you? If they aren’t why aren’t they? If you are a coach who offers transformational sessions then you know that if your client has achieved their desired transformation they will no longer need your service – they can however refer you onto others!
Feedback: Finally, customers can provide feedback through Apple’s website, phone, or in-store, which the company uses to improve its products and services. This feedback helps Apple to stay at the forefront of innovation and stay ahead of its competitors. Please, please, please – always ask your clients for feedbac, this can be done via your social media pages or via email. These are a key part of the research process for new potential customers!
As a small business you can implement a customer journey by following a similar approach to what Apple does.
Here are some steps that you can take to create a clear and effective customer journey:
- Identify your target audience: The first step in creating a customer journey is to identify your target audience. This will help you to understand their needs and preferences, and to create a journey that is tailored to them.
- Create awareness: Once you have identified your target audience, you need to create awareness of your business and its products or services. This can be done through various means such as social media, email marketing, or advertising.
- Make it easy for customers to research: Make it easy for your customers to research your products or services by providing them with the information they need. This can be done by creating a website or social media pages with product information, customer reviews, and FAQs.
- Evaluate and improve: Look at your current marketing strategy and evaluate what’s working and what’s not. Use this information to improve your customer journey and make it more effective.
- Make it easy for customers to purchase: Once customers have evaluated your products or services, make it easy for them to purchase by providing clear instructions and a streamlined process.
- Follow-up and build loyalty: After the purchase, follow up with your customers to ensure that they are satisfied and to build customer loyalty. This can be done through a follow-up email, phone call, or in-person visit.
- Encourage repeat purchases: Encourage repeat purchases by providing excellent customer service, and by creating a sense of loyalty and trust.
- Get feedback: Finally, get feedback from your customers and use it to improve your customer journey. This will help you to understand what your customers want and to make your business more successful.
The next step creating a successful customer journey is marketing to the right customer at the right time! Watch this space for more on that soon….